FATAL ERROR

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

FATAL ERROR

Postby prince86 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:15 am

Hi guys

I am using PT4 for many years. Since some days, my PT4 is no more working properly. The stats are no more showed on the table and when I look at "View Import Status" it says:

: Error: PokerStars: Unable to import hand (#184123310905). Reason: Error: Unable to execute query: Fatal Error; Reason: Error: (ERROR: out of memory DETAIL: Failed on request of size 8. CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function update_tourney_cache() line 9 at FOR over SELECT rows )

I am also not able to click "stop getting hands". Here you can see how it looks like:

I have not changed anything in PT4. So have no idea, what the problem is. It would be very nice, if you could help me!

Thanks a lot!

prince86
prince86

Re: FATAL ERROR

Postby prince86 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:24 am

When I restarted PT4 now, this message was shown:

Your computer is low on free memory which might affect the performance of PokerTracker. Please consider closing any unncessary applications to increase the amount of memory available.

I have 2 HDDs:

1 SSD (C:): 250GB (115 GB free)

1 HDD (D:) 930 GB (915 GB free)

When I press ctrl alt del and watch which running program has highest RAM use, its PostgreeSQL Server with 95 (!) %. I am almost sure that this is the problem. But how to fix it?

My laptop is fast, it's this one:

https://www.steg-electronics.ch/de/arti ... 23756.aspx

Under "Technische Daten" you can see the specifics.

Thanks a lot for any help.

prince86
prince86

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:40 am

Please enable logging, reproduce this problem and then send your log file to us in a Support Ticket so we can see what is going on here. You can access the log file by clicking 'File --> Show User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window - the file we need is the text file called 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder. Once you have done that you can try creating a temporary new database and that should allow you to continue using PokerTracker 4 at the tables in the meantime.
Flag_Hippo

Postby prince86 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:05 pm

Hello moderator

thanks a lot for your assistance. This morning I did a full rebuild cache and now it seems to be working. But: The stats are not shown at the correct person. So for example: On seat n1 is player 1 but the stats are shown from player number 4. so it's all out of place.

How can I fix this? I will send you the log-file as well in here.
prince86

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Your log file was pasted into the body of your message so it was truncated but it appears you are playing on PokerStars so bear in mind that if you have selected specific preferred seats in the PokerStars software then this overrides the "Always Auto-Center Me" for those tables sizes (on non-Zoom tables) so we recommend that you select "Always Auto-Center Me" in the PokerStars software and don't select any specific preferred seats:

1. In PokerStars go to "Settings -> Table Appearance -> Preferred Seat" and enable "Always Auto-Center Me". Next deselect any specific preferred seats for the tables displayed below so there are no ticks showing.

2. In PokerTracker 4 go to "Configure -> Site & Import Options -> PokerStars" and enable "Auto-Center". Next deselect any specific preferred seats selected in PokerTracker 4 so there are no ticks showing.

Note that when you join a regular table PokerTracker does not know where you are seated until after you play your first hand at which point it can then rotate the HUD to the correct places. If the positions are still not correct after playing a hand or two then you can manually move the HUD by holding the Control key while dragging or you can click the PT-icon and select 'Unlock Layout' to move the HUD without the need to hold the Control key. When you have your HUD placed where you want on the table click the PT-icon again and choose 'Save Layout' so the new HUD positions are remembered for future tables.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Hasuwisp » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:02 am

have the same problem as in 1st post here, reintalling pg 9.3// recreating db didnt solve the problem, when rebuild cache also get fatal error, created ticket, still no response after 24 hours: ticket #441725
Hasuwisp

Return to PokerTracker 4