Seals With Clubs support

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Seals With Clubs support

Postby MaxWeiss » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Just tried out their new beta client software. Works pretty well and has hand history files. Any chance PT would ever consider adding in bitcoin as a currency and Seals as a supported site?
MaxWeiss

Re: Seals With Clubs support

Postby StevenM » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:40 pm

MaxWeiss wrote:Just tried out their new beta client software. Works pretty well and has hand history files. Any chance PT would ever consider adding in bitcoin as a currency and Seals as a supported site?

We do not have any plans to support any bitcoin currency based solutions, but we will continue to watch this "currency" for legal standing and approach it with an open mind if the tide turns in it's favor in the future.
StevenM

Postby mudstuffing » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:38 am

What if it required very little work to support it?

Currently I have a HandHistory converter (http://www.bitcoinpokerblog.com/index.php?p=45), that converts Seals format to the FullTilt Format so that I can import it into PokerTracker. It's a cludge, because I am importing it as a "FullTilt" hand. I've been in touch with the Seals with Clubs developer, about maybe getting he hands converted on within the client. But it would be great if we could have a "Seals with Clubs" site.

If the HH were exactly like FullTilt's, how hard would it be to just add a "Seals with Clubs" and use the same import methods that you use for Full Tilt?

Thanks!
mudstuffing

Postby mudstuffing » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:40 am

BTW, seals with clubs traffic is really starting to take off http://www.pokerscout.com/SiteDetail.aspx?site=SealswithClubs&ab=20078705. More and more people are requesting stats, plus more sites are starting to accept bitcoins, it's not a fringe currency anymore.
mudstuffing

Postby MaxWeiss » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Nice hand converter! Works well!
MaxWeiss

Postby dbabo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:24 am

StevenM wrote:...
We do not have any plans to support any bitcoin currency based solutions, but we will continue to watch this "currency" for legal standing and approach it with an open mind if the tide turns in it's favor in the future.

Steven,
just curios what does the support of the site by hands tracking software has to do with the currency used by the site?
and what does "tidy turns" exactly means? like US gov abolish it's monetary system in favor of some funky virtual bits? :ugeek:
dbabo

Postby kraada » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:42 am

We have built in currency conversion into PT4 so we would need to have some solution for converting BTC into other currencies. We do not have plans to add bit coin management for the reasons StevenM explained.
kraada

Postby RAJS » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:34 am

I really don't understand your reasoning for not supporting this site. What currency is used should be of less importance. If you can support small sites like svenskaspel (skr) then why shouldn't you support this. Seems to me you are taking a political stand point here in which you have doubts about bitcoins and therefore you choose not to support it. Which of course is your right to do but in my humble opinion is neither correct nor smart for your business.
RAJS

Postby kraada » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:48 am

For what it's worth, I personally would love to see Seals support - I've actually got an account and have played there a bit. If and when the conditions become right, I sincerely hope we add support.
kraada

Postby alexjcombs » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:22 am

Kraada,
FinCEN released guidance earlier this week that provided a much clearer picture on Bitcoin's legal standing. I believe their guidance makes it clear that you guys could provide SWC support without risk of legal action. PM if you would like to talk more.
alexjcombs

Next

Return to PT4 Feature Requests