help!!! new to poker tracker

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

help!!! new to poker tracker

Postby nxtxx » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:54 am

1. I am having trouble putting in my usename (I tried to go to setting and type it in and tried the search button)
2. it is not giving me any stats (it says unable to execute Query)
I got the program to import and I set up a played and observed DB

is there something other then the manuals that are on the site ??
thank you very much

this is happening on PT3
nxtxx
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:13 am

Re: help!!! new to poker tracker

Postby Josh » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:42 am

1. What kind of problems? Is your name listed in the player list?

2. Please attach the PokerTracker.log file to a support ticket.
Josh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: help!!! new to poker tracker

Postby nxtxx » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:00 pm

ok got the program to import to played hands and I cansee that stats for the played hands

how do I get the program to import th observed hands so I can see the stats ???

this seems to be a program that give out a wealth of stats and could possible help me become stronger in my play
if I could learn to use it to its fullest.
are there any third party guidesthat you can recomend to help me get the most out of it ???

I realize that this is the bata so they might not exist yet.

thanks
nxtxx
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:13 am

Re: help!!! new to poker tracker

Postby APerfect10 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:33 am

[quote="nxtxx"p20]ok got the program to import to played hands and I cansee that stats for the played hands

how do I get the program to import th observed hands so I can see the stats ???

this seems to be a program that give out a wealth of stats and could possible help me become stronger in my play
if I could learn to use it to its fullest.
are there any third party guidesthat you can recomend to help me get the most out of it ???

I realize that this is the bata so they might not exist yet.

thanks[/quotep20]

Since PokerTracker 3 is currently in beta testing; I do not think you will find many guides other than our [url=http://www.pokertracker3.com/products/PT3/docs/p20]documentation[/urlp20] which is pretty good, especially for a beta. Once PT3 is commercially released, we plan on adding a lot more text and video tutorials which will help. To me, the best way to learn the program is to simply use it and get comfortable with it.

What site are you playing that you want to import observed hand histories? You can import observed hands from Full Tilt but not PokerStars. In the Import->Auto Import window, on the bottom-right hand side, make sure that 'Import Observed Hands' and 'Store Hand History Text' is selected.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: help!!! new to poker tracker

Postby nxtxx » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:27 pm

stars so that explains that

another thing
This is a support issue and I have made a ticket
but I am getting this error
Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: Unable to login to database (PT3_2008_03_12_011944). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

how can I fix this ??
nxtxx
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:13 am

Re: help!!! new to poker tracker

Postby nxtxx » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:41 pm

I fixed this by going in to postgreSQL and restarting the service

took some fooling around but it seems to be up and running now
you might want to have the program do this automatic at start up of PT

sorry for wasting the suport time on this

this is a great program
nxtxx
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:13 am

Re: help!!! new to poker tracker

Postby APerfect10 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:10 pm

Good deal, I am glad that you were able to resolve the issue.

We plan on adding something like this eventually where it checks if PostgreSQL is running and if it is not, start it automatically. Eventually...

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests