Copying filters

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Copying filters

Postby Freakdaddy » Sat May 09, 2009 8:34 pm

I realize there's no import/export function for filters (bummer), but how would I copy filters that I created to a friend? I'm assuming this has to be stored locally somewhere, but not sure what file. I'm using the Holdem version w/ PostgreSQL. Thanks...
Freakdaddy
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Copying filters

Postby kraada » Sat May 09, 2009 8:44 pm

Is this for PT3? You created the thread in the PAHUD forum.

Assuming you mean PT3, the filters are actually stored in the settings table of the database. The setting_name would be called either filters-holdem-cash:X (where X is what you called the filter) or filters-holdem-tourney: Y (where Y is what you called the filter). If you inserted into the database on the other computer setting_name and setting_value the same as you have set on your database for that specific filter he'd be able to refresh his filters list and see that filter.

Given the level of complexity required though, it's probably easiest just to recreate the filter there once then save it.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Copying filters

Postby Freakdaddy » Sat May 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Thanks for your response. Yes, I meant for PT3. Yikes, that doesn't sound so easy. However, I have over 50 filters I want to transfer... so... This is so easy with one of your competitors to do, but doesn't seem feasible with PT3 I guess? Is there a reason why the filters aren't importable?
Freakdaddy
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Copying filters

Postby kraada » Sat May 09, 2009 9:46 pm

The filters are stored in the actual database, not in an external file that is easy to move.

Actually, I just looked through the settings table though, and if you are using the same version of PT3 on the other machine, you should be able to backup just that table of your database via pgadmin3 and then restore it on the other machine and it should be (relatively) painless.

It's going to be very similar to the process described in detail in this post with one exception: instead of right clicking on the whole database, you want to expand the database (click the little + on the left), expand Schemas, Public and Tables. There are 33 tables. You want to right click on the settings table and back up that table. The backup window will look identically and the restore process is actually identical as well; it's just on the backing up side.

The only downside with this approach is that it will remove any saved filters on the other machine. It sounds like you have all of the filters you'd want on that machine as well though so that may not be that big a detractor for you.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Copying filters

Postby Freakdaddy » Sun May 10, 2009 12:45 am

Thanks again for the response. Should this thread be moved? I didn't notice it was in the wrong forum.

So, just to make sure I understand this, would I be able to just backup that table, and import into another database on a friends computer without effecting their database?

Also, this person said they figured out how to copy filters: http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/view ... ers#p87648

There was no details on how to do this, but perhaps since it's in the database and not in an external file he did something similar to the backup you're referring too.
Freakdaddy
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Copying filters

Postby kraada » Sun May 10, 2009 9:34 am

It's highly likely and I've moved this thread to the PT3 forum so that any other users with similar issues can find this thread as well.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Copying filters

Postby Freakdaddy » Mon May 11, 2009 9:23 pm

And just to make sure I'm 100% clear before I try and do this, I should be able to export that column and then import it into another users database without messing theirs up?
Freakdaddy
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Copying filters

Postby WhiteRider » Tue May 12, 2009 4:11 am

Freakdaddy wrote:And just to make sure I'm 100% clear before I try and do this, I should be able to export that column and then import it into another users database without messing theirs up?

You mean "Table", not "column", yes?

If you backup and restore just that column then it should not affect the rest of their database.
I would recommend making a backup of their database before you do this, though.
Database / Postgres FAQ as linked by kraada.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Copying filters

Postby Freakdaddy » Tue May 12, 2009 5:35 am

Yes, I meant table, thank you.

I tried backing up that table as a test on my own system, which seemed to work fine. I deleted one filter, and then went back to restore it, but it apparently is getting an error message. When I check PT3, it's indeed not restored.

pg_restore: connecting to database for restore
pg_restore: restoring data for table "settings"
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 1834; 0 80062 TABLE DATA settings postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "settings_primary_key"
CONTEXT: COPY settings, line 1: "nlpl_mult 2"
WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 1

Process returned exit code 1.

Any help appreciated.
Freakdaddy
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Copying filters

Postby WhiteRider » Tue May 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Ah, OK - I'll give it a go myself.
Bear with me..
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Next

Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests