Page 1 of 1

with or w/out PostgreSQL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:09 am
by hotwing
first what is PostgreSQL?

second which is the right one to down load with or w/out PostgreSQL?

I'm running windows XP on a laptop.

is the download different if I was on a desktop?

last question, the downloads that are available now are just like a basic demo?

Re: with or w/out PostgreSQL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:12 am
by APerfect10
PostgreSQL is the database server that PokerTracker 3 uses to stores your hands and information.

Download the version [bief]with[/bief] PostgreSQL. The download is the same for a desktop or laptop.

This is not a demo. This is currently the full featured version of PT3 although it is limited since we are in early testing. Functionality will continue to be expanded up until the final release is ready at which time you will either have 30 days to demo or purchase.

Best regards,

Derek

Re: with or w/out PostgreSQL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:35 pm
by TheProdigy
I've been a bit confused on this.

If I download with postgresql does that mean Postgresql is packaged with PT3, or is it the other way around?

I've been downloading with postgresql this whole time and I never needed to I don't think?

Re: with or w/out PostgreSQL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:53 pm
by Josh
If you have PostgreSQL installed on your computer, you do not need to download the version of PT3 that has PostgreSQL with it.

Re: with or w/out PostgreSQL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:02 pm
by _dave_
Perhaps change the wording...

"With PostgreSQL" -> "Will install PostgreSQL for you"

"Without PostgreSQL" -> "You have PostreSQL already"

meh, those words are a bit rubbish - you get the idea... I can see how people think "I have PostgreSQL, want the one with support

Re: with or w/out PostgreSQL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:39 pm
by Josh
Yeah, I can see where it might be confusing.

Re: with or w/out PostgreSQL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:44 am
by hotwing
Big D, thanks for the info.


Hotwing, out. ;)

Re: with or w/out PostgreSQL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:14 am
by hotwing
One more....
since I have limited space on my Laptop, how can I move my database to a 500 gig external drive.

So I can run the software from the computer and the database off the drive, is this possible and advisable??


Dipp'en sauce, out. :mrgreen:

Re: with or w/out PostgreSQL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:35 am
by Josh