Page 1 of 1

Keep getting "XML parsing error:'syntax error' at line 1.".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:32 am
by kikkoman
Whenever I try to start PT3 I get "XML parsing error: 'syntax error' at line 1.". I am running Windows XP SP2 updated with newest updates, Eset NOD32 and Outpost firewall. I have tried reinstalling, redownloading and disabling NOD32 and Outpost then running it but I still get the same error. Any Ideas what to do?

Ps. I have tried both versions of the program and I have a working sql server running.

Thankful for any help.

Re: Keep getting "XML parsing error:'syntax error' at line 1.".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:38 am
by Josh
Disable any Norton or CA Securty software you have running.

Re: Keep getting "XML parsing error:'syntax error' at line 1.".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:34 pm
by kikkoman
I dont have norton, what is CA Security software? I have my firewall and NOD32 antivirus disabled.

Re: Keep getting "XML parsing error:'syntax error' at line 1.".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:23 pm
by Josh
Do you have any other security software? Instead of disabling them, is there any way to shut them down temporarily?

Re: Keep getting "XML parsing error:'syntax error' at line 1.".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:16 pm
by kikkoman
I also tried shutting the programmes down, no help. I dont have any other security programmes that I am aware of, is there anything built in WIndows XP that needs to be shut down?

Re: Keep getting "XML parsing error:'syntax error' at line 1.".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:30 am
by muanyag
Same error. PT3 worked correctly earlier, but today I got the same error message. After re/uninstall of PT3 and shutting down my Zonealarm firewall, PT3 works again...

Re: Keep getting "XML parsing error:'syntax error' at line 1.".

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:41 pm
by PokerTourist6
I had this problem with beta 2 and shutting down Norton security didn't help. However, I uninstalled beta 2 and installed beta 3 and had a popup from Norton requesting permission for this to access a DNS server. I granted permission but when I clicked on the PT3 icon on my desktop nothing happened. I could see the process running in Task Manager. I killed that, turned off Norton security from their control panel and tried again. This time it worked and I was able to configure the database password and began importing hands after re-enabling Norton security.