botched installation

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

botched installation

Postby AndyT » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:49 pm

I ran the installation with some other programs running and the installer tanked in the middle of installing PostgreSQL. Then I tried to open the exe of PT again and windows would hang at shut down so i did a hard reset. Now the uninstaller wont unistall PT and PT doesnt appear in the Change a program area of windows. Any one know how to fix this?

The reason im reinstalling is my system crashed. I had to completely restore my C drive from an OS backup. I ended up losing the PostGre credentials from my previous installation because it was in a text document on my desktop and is was deleted. Do I need that? How do I start from scratch with a new database?
AndyT
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: botched installation

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:43 am

As far as PokerTracker goes you should be able to just run the installer again - there is no need to uninstall.

If you have a partial installation of PostgreSQL you'll probably need to fully uninstall it before you can re-install. Follow the appropriate guide here. We currently recommend v9.0.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: botched installation

Postby AndyT » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:24 pm

my problem now is after installing and hitting open PT it just hangs. I see the process in the processes but it wont respond or close when i hit end process. the few times i've gotten it to work it says unable to create database. PostgreSQL does not appear in installed programs.......
AndyT
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: botched installation

Postby AndyT » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:24 pm

The dialog box finally appeared and I get this error:


Unable to create PostgreSQL database: PT4 DB
Reason: Unable to login to database (template1). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
AndyT
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: botched installation

Postby AndyT » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:26 pm

trying to install postgre manually now. and it doesn't appear either....grr
AndyT
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: botched installation

Postby AndyT » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:26 pm

oh now the installer worked. lets see if i can get it to work now
AndyT
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: botched installation

Postby AndyT » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:30 pm

its odd that PT hangs like this and is so slow to bring up the initial prompt. I have an SSD, seems like it should be faster. ive been waiting 5 minutes and no prompt yet....
AndyT
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: botched installation

Postby AndyT » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:32 pm

finally. says postgre 9.2 and higher are not supported. damn. well here goes.
AndyT
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:57 pm


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests