Hud does not actualize in game

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Hud does not actualize in game

Postby stug7 » Sat Dec 13, 2025 7:50 am

Problem occurs with 888. Hud does not actualize anymore and if it does sometimes only after several hands played, but mostly not.

I did the following, but it didn't help.

1. Reindex
2. Cluster
3. Vacuum/Analyze
4. Rebuild Full Cache

Any idea what to try next?

Parallel issue is that I can't just close Pokertracker anymore without it crashes.
stug7
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:49 am

Re: Hud does not actualize in game

Postby stug7 » Sat Dec 13, 2025 8:45 am

edit: also Pokertracker has crashes by clicking Stop Getting Hands while playing. But no crash when I just open and directly close Pokertracker again before I have clicked Get Hands WHILE PLAYING
stug7
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:49 am

Re: Hud does not actualize in game

Postby stug7 » Sun Dec 14, 2025 5:35 am

Sorry, to communicate to myself...
After I've done (or before, not sure) the steps 1-4 I've now also lost all the tournament data before October 2025 when I changed with the database to my new computer, while cash game data full history is still there.
stug7
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:49 am

Re: Hud does not actualize in game

Postby stug7 » Sun Dec 14, 2025 6:07 am

further observations:
Hud in Cash Games is still actualizing ingame but only until I'm starting to play a tournament parallel.
everytime I change the hud profil to another one there is an actualization, but from there it freezes again
tournament database before October 2025 still lost

and sometimes I get errors like that one:
11:12:22 am: Error: Pacific Poker: Duplicate player: (seat 5) the same as in seat 3 (Hand #806794955)
11:12:22 am: Error: Pacific Poker: Player name error (Hand #806794955)
stug7
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:49 am

Re: Hud does not actualize in game

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Dec 14, 2025 7:03 am

That sounds like a database and/or a configuration issue. If you create and try things out on a new database does that work OK?

Guide: Creating A New Database in PokerTracker 4

Guide: Database Management
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17070
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Hud does not actualize in game

Postby stug7 » Sun Dec 14, 2025 8:52 am

with a completely new database I have updates of the hud ingame
but when I do the second part of the guide and link the new database to the existing database it doesn't work
stug7
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:49 am

Re: Hud does not actualize in game

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Dec 15, 2025 7:56 am

That database appears to be damaged/corrupted so please unlink it otherwise you'll have problems. You can manually import hands from your 'Processed' folder using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk' to repopulate the new database or restore from a recent backup if you have one:

Guide: Processed Files

Guide: Backup & Restore
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17070
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Hud does not actualize in game

Postby stug7 » Tue Dec 16, 2025 5:03 pm

Brought back a saved file from October 2025. This works while playing. Seems also to have a lot of the history showing in the hud itself (not sure if I can see somewhere which dates are in and which not?).

But I don't see much of the history in the View Stats/ My Reports when I'm looking for the hand report with max hands.

So I started to get hands from disk and started to import what is in my 2025 folder in the folder processed. Let the computer now ran a whole day and it just imported ca. 3000 hands from around six weeks from january to mid february 2025. Is that a reliable speed for it?
stug7
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:49 am

Re: Hud does not actualize in game

Postby stug7 » Tue Dec 16, 2025 5:44 pm

Seems that it works faster when I go through day by day and import the files directly but of course that uncomfortable in comparison to just import the whole year directory
stug7
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:49 am

Re: Hud does not actualize in game

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Dec 18, 2025 7:22 am

stug7 wrote:Brought back a saved file from October 2025. This works while playing. Seems also to have a lot of the history showing in the hud itself (not sure if I can see somewhere which dates are in and which not?).

But I don't see much of the history in the View Stats/ My Reports when I'm looking for the hand report with max hands.

It's possible the issue with that database started before the backup and got worse over time but without specific information I couldn't say for sure.
stug7 wrote:So I started to get hands from disk and started to import what is in my 2025 folder in the folder processed. Let the computer now ran a whole day and it just imported ca. 3000 hands from around six weeks from january to mid february 2025. Is that a reliable speed for it?

Importing 3,000 hands shouldn't take that long.
stug7 wrote:Seems that it works faster when I go through day by day and import the files directly but of course that uncomfortable in comparison to just import the whole year directory

Import speeds can drop over very large imports but if there's just 3,000 hands there that shouldn't be a problem. I'd recommend importing the hands into a new database instead of the old restored one and see if that performs better. If you are using a very old version of PostgreSQL you also might want to consider upgrading:

Guide: Updating PostgreSQL

If you have any further trouble please open a Support Ticket with your logs so we can see exactly what's going on here and advise you accordingly:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17070
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests