Query Data base for flush draws after flop

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Query Data base for flush draws after flop

Postby Arthor888 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:34 pm

I would like to generate a report showing flush draws, rate of completion to begin, would appreciate help, as this is my first attempt at creating a function. Thanks
Arthor888
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: Query Data base for flush draws after flop

Postby kraada » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Could you elaborate a little more what you want? Do you just want the count of times you flopped a flush draw that saw the turn and the times that you completed that flush draw on the turn?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Query Data base for flush draws after flop

Postby Arthor888 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:41 pm

As I play medium suited connectors as part of my style, I want to see the # of flush draws after the flop, & the frequency of completion, I want to confim if they are at the 1/3 completion rate or not, as I think I am losing money (I think the same thing with openenders as well, but I will create that query on my own, if I am able, after seeing how this one is done)

Money won/lost could be part of the query, as well as any other info you think would be valuable, but my inexperience keeps me from knowing I should be looking at as well in this Flush query.

thanks
Arthor888
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: Query Data base for flush draws after flop

Postby kraada » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:15 pm

The best thing to do will be to wait until the bell curve graph on LeakTracker is fixed - once that's fixed you can filter for specific kinds of draws and see how you did relative to your expected results on that graph.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Query Data base for flush draws after flop

Postby Arthor888 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:19 pm

As a follow up to my last post--I find different poker sites algorithms do produce different patterns of successful hand types, and unsuccessful hand types.

As I play a flush/straight heavy style, It is pointless for me to play at sites that penalize my style.

I know they all calim to be random, and at the macro level this can appear to be a valid claim, but at the micro level (table level) it is not random, there are repeating partterns and certain starting hands are valued higher (thus more successful), and some starting hands are penalized.To me the math does not lie, the timing is important, but, mathimatically, if I paly 1000 fush draws they ought to come in about 1/3 of the time.

If my calling odds, pot odds, implied odds are correct for a call, then I will make money on these hands, that's just statistics.

I wish to crunch my "style" numbers at each site to see which site supports my style.
Arthor888
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: Query Data base for flush draws after flop

Postby Arthor888 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:21 pm

kraada wrote:The best thing to do will be to wait until the bell curve graph on LeakTracker is fixed - once that's fixed you can filter for specific kinds of draws and see how you did relative to your expected results on that graph.


Okay, thanks, I hope it is fairily soon--I will work my way through your material on creating custom reports/stats and see what I can come up with while I am waiting for 4.
Arthor888
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:18 pm


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests