Page 1 of 1

tourney_hand_summary.amt_f_effective_stack causing problems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:44 am
by erdnase17
I created this Support Ticket #123544 to report this SQL error and the reply I got was not very helpful. All my custom stats are using the 'tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_effective_stack' instead of 'tourney_hand_summary.amt_f_effective_stack' but I still get an error. Where is this field being used?

Currently there is no way to search column usage using the GUI. Also it would be much simpler if v.4.0.1.23 performed the replacement of these deprecated fields since it is a very tedious and error prone process to go manually through each custom column.

It would also be helpful if there was a textual file format for the statistics/column definitions so users could edit them and perform these replacements with text editors, import them and validate them with PT4.
Can this be improved in future releases?

Thanks.

Re: tourney_hand_summary.amt_f_effective_stack causing probl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:54 am
by kraada
It looks like that field is being used in the SPR stat - I'll make sure that we get that fixed. In the meantime if you duplicate val_spr and change cash_hand_summary to cash_hand_player_statistics and duplicate SPR and change it to use the new fixed column everything will work properly.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Re: tourney_hand_summary.amt_f_effective_stack causing probl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:14 pm
by erdnase17
kraada wrote:It looks like that field is being used in the SPR stat - I'll make sure that we get that fixed. In the meantime if you duplicate val_spr and change cash_hand_summary to cash_hand_player_statistics and duplicate SPR and change it to use the new fixed column everything will work properly.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.


I actually meant the preflop stat tourney_hand_summary.amt_p_effective_stack instead of tourney_hand_summary.amt_f_effective_stack.
So where is this preflop field being used? Note that I am playing mostly tourneys so I am interested in the tourney_* fields for now.
In any case PT4 does not let me change SPR to use the new corrected version of val_spr because this stat is protected.

Re: tourney_hand_summary.amt_f_effective_stack causing probl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:04 pm
by kraada
If you duplicate the protected stat using the Duplicate button you can edit a new version and save it with a modified name - that was what I meant you should do.

The built in stats that otherwise use this value should have been updated.

Re: tourney_hand_summary.amt_f_effective_stack causing probl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:38 pm
by erdnase17
kraada wrote:If you duplicate the protected stat using the Duplicate button you can edit a new version and save it with a modified name - that was what I meant you should do.

The built in stats that otherwise use this value should have been updated.


Sorry but I still have the same problem. How can I find which stats are using the deprecated fields?
I don't get how duplicating and renaming a stat will solve the problem. If some built in report (Overview, Summary are the ones giving errors) uses a built in stat if I duplicate the stat and rename it, the report will still refer to the old stat name.

Re: tourney_hand_summary.amt_f_effective_stack causing probl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:56 pm
by kraada
There aren't any built in reports that use that grouping - the only way it would be used is in custom reports on your My Reports page, and you can just remove the old stat and use the new one instead.

There is no easy way to search for all stats that use the old field I'm afraid, you'll need to look through them one by one.