Page 1 of 1
Hand importing extremely slow / HUD not showing

Posted:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 pm
by joaoleao
Hi
After getting some strange behaviour from PT4 (HUD not showing, irresponsive "Stop import hands while playing" button), I noticed that hands are importing at extremely slow rate:
each hand takes at least 5 minutes to import.
When I try to stop the import process, the button becomes irresponsive as PT4 tries to import the rest of the hands.
This also prevents me from quitting PT4 because it's processing the hand histories. The only solution (apart from waiting many hours) is to Force Quit.
This is very odd because I didn't make any updates to PT4 or the Poker Clients (PokerStarsPT and Americas Cardroom).
I'm a PT4 user for years now, and I never had a problem similar to this one.
Can you help me sorting this out?
Thanks in advance.
João
Re: Hand importing extremely slow / HUD not showing

Posted:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:07 pm
by Flag_Hippo
That sounds like a database cache issue so in PokerTracker 4 click "Database -> Database Management", click your database then "Rebuild Cache -> Full Cache Rebuild". Be prepared for this to take a considerable amount of time if you have a large database, so you'll want to run it when you're not using PokerTracker 4 for a while (such as overnight maybe). Make sure that your computer does not power itself off or go to sleep while it's running or you will need to run it again from the start.
Re: Hand importing extremely slow / HUD not showing

Posted:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:56 pm
by joaoleao
Hi, thanks for your quick reply.
Unfortunately, rebuilding cache didn't solve the problem.
After rebuilding I hit "Get hands while playing" and PT4 started importing hands that were still in the HH folder.
The "View Import Status" shows that hands are being imported even more slowly than before:
more than 7 minutes per hand, sometimes almost ten minutes.
Can I provide some kind of log to help understand what's happening?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks.
João
Re: Hand importing extremely slow / HUD not showing

Posted:
Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:33 am
by Flag_Hippo
Please open a
Support Ticket with a
PokerTracker4.log file that's recorded the trouble so that we can investigate that for you.
Re: Hand importing extremely slow / HUD not showing

Posted:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:01 am
by Baili
Has this issue been resolved?
I'm experiencing the exact same issues. Rebuilding doesn't help!
Re: Hand importing extremely slow / HUD not showing

Posted:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:16 pm
by Flag_Hippo
In PokerTracker go 'Database -> Database Management'. Click the 'Housekeeping' button and run the following in this order:
1. Reindex
2. Cluster
3. Vacuum/Analyze
If that doesn't resolve the issue then turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce your problem and then attach your support bundle to a
Support Ticket. The support bundle is created via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4.
Re: Hand importing extremely slow / HUD not showing

Posted:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:04 pm
by Baili
That doesn't resolve the issue.
Sent a support ticket.
Re: Hand importing extremely slow / HUD not showing

Posted:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:43 am
by PT4 SUCKS
any update? I'm having the same issue. After directory import 6M+ hands things are extremelly slow this is a new SSD which works fine except on PT4